Few Facts about Hearing and Hearing Aids
The following hearing facts are concluded after a thorough and worldwide research and analysis:
The fact reveals that men are more likely to suffer hearing loss compared to women. Among the adults aged above 65 and older men do have hearing loss and tinnitus compared to the percent of women. Research has identified tinnitus is more prevalent among the individuals with white skin colors and it’s more in the South and Northeast.
- It is reported the degree of hearing loss is similar among 17 percent of men adults.
- It is understood that there is a strong relation between age and hearing loss. Percent of adults above 75 years old experiences hearing impairment.
- More or less 25 million of both men and women suffer from tinnitus. 2 to 3 out of every 1,000 children are either born deaf or are hard of hearing. Further reports show that 9 out of 10 children who are born deaf are born of parents who are normal.
- High frequency hearing loss is seen between the ages of 20 to 69 owing to exposure to loud noise or music either at work or during leisure activities.
- If a person really wants to benefit from a hearing aid, then one must wear it constantly or regularly. Hearing device can only benefit a person if it’s worn regularly and consistently.
- 3 out of 4 children, by the age of three suffer from otitis media or ear infection. More than 1lakh patients had to go for cochlear implantations for hearing impairment.
- Every year more than four thousand of deafness occurs suddenly. Sudden deafness mostly occurs due to a serious damage of the tympanic membrane or owing to exposure to loud noise regularly.
- Deaf children or children hard of hearing also have Usher syndrome. One out of every one lakh individual suffers from acoustic neurinoma.